Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chapter 19


WARNING: MATURE CONTENT AND EXPLICIT SUBJECT MATTER WITH MATURE LANGUAGE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO SKIP THIS CHAPTER CAN SKIP TO THE NEXT. I WILL PUT A SHORT SYNOPSIS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER EXPLAINING THIS ONE.




ASR's Office:

ASR walks into his office and sees his security head, Angad is sitting there waiting for him. ASR sits on his chair and asks him: What have you find out?
Angad: My men found Shyam. But before they could get him, he ran away with the help of a lady. If my doubt is right, then that was the lady who caused the accident on your engagement day.
ASR leans forward menacingly: Who is the lady?
Angad: Tanya Sharma from The Delhi News.
ASR's eyes widen and he remembers how every time Tanya met him she used to come onto him even when he let her know that he was with La. She made it pretty clear that she will be all too willing to take La's place. He also remembers her insulting comments towards Khushi at the press meeting before their engagement party.
ASR's jaw tightens in anger. He tells Angad: Get the finger prints ready for matching. I will get Tanya's prints for you to get sufficient proof to put her behind the bars.
Angad nods his head and walks out of ASR's office.
ASR picks up the phone and calls Tanya: Tanya, this is ASR...
Tanya purrs on the phone: ASR, what a pleasant surprise. Don't tell me you already got bored with your soon to be wife.
ASR clenches his teeth to control his temper: Meet me at my office in 15 minutes.
Tanya simpers: Ooohhh...  I like dominant men. I knew you won't be happy with that little Miss nobody. You need a real woman and I'm all woman baby.
ASR hangs up the phone in disgust.
Tanya checks her appearance in the mirror and smirks to herself: I wanted to have you between my legs for a very long time ASR... I have interviewed your ex mistresses and they all call you "The Beast" ... in bed and out. I have seen the beast in you out of bed. Now it's my turn to find out the beast in my bed.


ASR's Office:

Tanya reaches ASR's office wearing a camel coloured trench coat with a pair of black stilettoes.
She walks straight upstairs ignoring the receptionist's frantic calls and walks in ASR's office without knocking.
ASR looks up from his laptop to see Tanya standing with a smirk on her face and his receptionist standing behind her trying to get her attention.
The receptionist hurriedly explains: I'm sorry sir. I tried to stop her but she did not listen.
ASR looks at the receptionist: It's okay. You may go and make sure no one disturb me for half an hour.
The receptionist nods and leaves.
Tanya closes the door behind the receptionist: My my... Just 30 minutes? Are you sure that's enough time?
ASR bites out: It's enough time for me to deal with you.
Tanya saunters towards him seductively: Once you are in me, you may not want to come out...
ASR ignores her, walks behind his desk and sits down. He picks a file and holds it towards Tanya: Read this.
Tanya grabs the file and throws it back on ASR's desk.
ASR looks at the file relieved that he got her fingerprints to match. Now he can throw her out.
While he was busy thinking, Tanya grabs the trench coat sides and opens all buttons to show that she is only wearing a black transparent lace bra and panties.
Arnav fumes with anger but before he could tell her to get out she sits on his lap and tries to kiss him.
Arnav pushes her and stands up:  Get out.
Tanya stumbles but steadies herself: What? Why?
ASR clenches his teeth: Because I don't and will never need a woman like you.
Tanya licks her lips: Oh baby, trust me. After you come in me, all you'll need is a woman like me.
ASR picks up the phone and calls Angad: Angad, can you come to my office?
Angad arrives.
ASR points out the file to Angad. Angad puts on his gloves and picks up the file and walks out.
Tanya grabs her trench coat and asks ASR: What the hell was that?
ASR looks at him: That was the proof to put you in jail for attempted murder. You left fingerprints on the wall beside the rope of the chandelier on my engagement when you tried to kill my Khushi. We just needed sufficient proof to sue you. Today when you hold the file, I got the fingerprints I needed. Now get out.
Tanya gets scared: ASR, look... I did it for you. I have loved you even before you started dating LA. When La left, I thought it was my turn. But you announced your marriage to that nobody. We are from the same society. We are sophisticated, smart, successful. We belong together. We could rule Delhi with your power and my connections.
ASR sneers at her: What connection? As we speak, your termination letter is being prepared. You have messed with the wrong man this time. Khushi is my life and no one harms my life and gets away with it.
Tanya's eyes flash with anger: Khushi, Khushi, Khushi... Who the hell is she? She does not even have a proper dressing sense. She is nothing compared to me.
ASR leans forward menacingly: If I were you, I'd watch what I speak about her. One insult against her and you won't be worth anything.
Tanya sneers at ASR: I have more worth than your darling sister. At least my husband does not go f&*k everyone in skirt.
ASR's eyes burn in anger.
Tanya notices that and pushes in: Oh... Didn't I tell you that your brother in law was coming to my bed straight from your sister's? Too bad he could not make a trip to your fiance's bedroom before coming to mine. But then she is prude like your sister, isn't she? Tell me ASR, how will a beast like you be happy in bed with a prude like that?
Your sister could not keep her husband happy. In fact he told me that she was so boring in bed that he used to dream of Queen of England while f&*king her. But don't worry, when he comes to my bed, I make sure he comes between my legs every time.


Reception:

Khushi walks to the receptionist and asks: Is Arnavji in his office?
The Receptionist gets worried: Yes, ma'm. But sir has said no one to disturb him for 30 minutes.
Khushi: When did he say that?
Receptionist: 10 o'clock.
Khushi smiles: And now it's 10:28 and it will take me 2 minutes to go up. So you did not disturb him for 30 minutes. Right? (Her face softens) Actually, Arnavji did not have his breakfast today. So I brought it with me and his medicines. He needs to take them or he will get sick.
Receptionist (still worried): Okay ma'm.
Khushi beams: Thank you.
Khushi goes towards ASR's office in a hurry eager to surprise him.
But as she goes up the stairs, she hears sound of a woman's voice.
She thinks: May be, he is still in the meeting. I will wait.
Taniya sees a flash of bright yellow and sees Khushi coming upstairs with lunch box.
She sees ASR's angry expression and realizes that he has not seen Khushi yet. She decides to take her revenge.
Tanya suddenly takes off her trench coat and grabs ASR. At her sudden action, ASR stumbles on her and holds her for support. Tanya pushes a crystal paperweight off the table and falls on the ground with a crash.
Taniya continues her drama: Oh ASR, I'm so glad you called me. I knew you will get bored with that village idiot soon.
Khushi hears the sound of the paperweight falling and decides to go in to see if Arnavji is okay.
Khushi opens the glass door and walks in to see a woman only in transparent lace underwear and black stiletoes in Arnavji's arms. Her eyes widen in surprise and the lunch box falls on the floor with a thud.
Arnav tries to push her off when he hears the sound of the lunchbox falling on the floor and looks up to see Khushi standing there.
He pushes Tanya off with all his strength and runs to Khushi: Khushi, I...
Tanya speaks out: Oops... The little birdy found out.
Khushi looks from Arnav to Tanya and softly asks: What's going on?
Arnav tries to speak but Tanya interrupts him again: It's pretty obvious, isn't it? Hot woman in lingerie, ASR's office, the large... desk...
ASR shouts at Tanya: Shut up.
He turns to Khushi and holds her face in his palm: Khushi, look at me. You know I love you. I will never cheat on you. Please say you believe me.
Khushi looks at Arnav and then removes his hands from her face.
Arnav feels scared that Khushi will leave him now because of a misunderstanding created by someone else. He remembers that once he had found Khushi in a compromising position and did not even let her explain. Today, it seems the past has come back to haunt him.
Khushi turns to Tanya and calmly says: Ms. Whoever you are. I'd appreciate if you leave quietly before I call the security to throw you out.
Tanya's eyes flash at this girl's audacity: Who the hell are you to throw me out?
Khushi's eyes flash in response.
She holds her head high and proudly states: I'm Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada to be...
Arnav's eyes fill with tears and chest swell with pride at this amazing child-woman. He does not know what he has done to be worthy of her, but now that she is his; he will never let her go.
He turns to Tanya and his eyes harden: Did you hear what my wif... fiance said or shall I call for security?
Tanya hisses out as she puts her Trench Coat back: You will pay for it. (she turns to Khushi) And you, I will teach you a lesson you'll never forget. You think he loves you? Then ask him why suddenly he decided to marry you after constantly humiliating you? I will tell you why. He found out that his precious brother-in-law is in love with you. So to keep his sister happy, he decided to dupe you into marrying him. And like a fool you fell for his trap...
Khushi gets shocked. She remembers Buaji's question about Arnav's intention the day they moved to Shantivan. She looks doubtful.
Tanya smirks seeing her barb hit the spot. She leaves the room with a flounce.
Khushi turns to Arnav and asks him: Is it true, Arnavji?
Arnav closes his eyes in pain as he remembers that he did just that in another life.
Khushi takes it as an affirmation and tears roll down her eyes. She puts her palm on her mouth to muffle her cry and runs out.
Arnav opens his eyes to see Khushi running out of the room. He runs after her alarmed: Khushi, Khushi...
As Khushi gets out of the gate and reaches the middle of the street, she sees a big truck coming towards her. She freezes on spot for a moment.
Arnav sees Khushi standing frozen on the road and the truck heading towards her. He screams her name.

The bells in the temple chime together at a sudden gust of wind as the candle at Devi Maiyya's feet battle to stay alight against the strong wind...

3 comments:

  1. Oh this Tanya!!! I am so mad at her and shyam I can't say anything more!!

    Grrrrrr

    Poor Khushi and Arnav! Can't they get some happiness?!?!

    Thank you Tia.
    JerryTheMouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont understand why all these writers are trying to show arnav as beast in bed and khushi as a innocent virgin .can we just get over it .why is it that men are allowed sex before marraoge while women (like tanya)who have sex before marraige are deemed as sluts .highest level of hypocrisy ever .

    Ps:am a man.with one motto :if you want a virgin as wife you should be a virgin too......i havent encountered many stories in which arnav was a vigin . Can we be real for a second .more than maligning tanya's character this chapter maligns arnavs character by showing him as a sex addict with a string of mistresses.for god sake he is ratna raizada's you are disempfing her values toi.no mother would want her sont to become a playboy stud and disrepect women especially ratna coz thats what coz her end. For godsake during the sheetal track arnav had specifically told khushi that he had not had an intimate relation with anybody before marraige but still all these aunties and girls who have a crush on barun sobti and fantasize him to be a beast in bed go on and malign arnav's character.just becoz someone's goodlooking and rich doesn't they have be playboys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. If a man demands a woman to be a virgin, then he will have to be a virgin as well. CantC demand something he can't supply as well. Amd yes, every rich and good looking successful man doesn't have to be a playboy. But the basic facts are 1. This was a show from which I took the story from. The characters have already been shown there for who they are. 2. In the show, Arnav hadn't been shown having much respect for women except his sister in the beginning. So his mother's upbringing is moot point. 3. Arnav brought Lavanya to live with him. To expect a virgin single man having a platonic relationship with a willing also single woman is kind of naive. Although he might not have had a relationship with Sheetal. He doesn't have to have relationship with every good looking woman who crosses his path. But at the same time, when willing good looking woman constantly throw themselves at him, he turning into a monk is also not reality. 4. On the other hand, Khushi, being from small town India and raised in a conservative family, isn't likely to have affairs before marriage unless she is in love and even then it isn't likely to be physical considering the taboos of the society she is raised in. Since Arnav is her first love, it stands to reason that she hadn't had an affair or relationship before him. 5. Had Arnav demanded Khushi's virginity, it would have been one thing. But Arnav never demanded anything. He is who he is, she is who she is. They accepted each other as they are at the point of time when they met. It only matters what happens from then on. The past is not something anyone needs to discuss unless one of them have committed a crime which they haven't.

      Now, this story is fictional, but I couldn't have shown a small town girl having the same opportunity and mentality to have affairs when she just moved to a big city and that is also only after meeting the hero. Also, I couldn't have shown a man living the life of a monk who is surrounded by willing woman who throw themselves at him on regular basis without providing a physical, mental or emotional reason behind it like abuse, past heartbreak, conservative nature etc. That is not how a story can be written.

      I am all for gender equality, but only when it makes sense for the character. Like in this story, Khushi is calling all the shots in the relationship, not Arnav.

      Delete