Friday, August 24, 2012

Chapter 17


Khushi and Arnav look at each other and smile.
Suddenly, they hear Buaji's voice calling Khushi.
She turns towards the door and shouts: Coming Buaji.
Then turns to smile at Arnav: Arnavji, I need to go. Buaji is looking for me.
Khushi turns to go when she feels a tug on her pallu. She looks back to see Arnav holding it with a naughty smirk: What if I don't let you go?
Khushi blushes crimson, pulls at the pallu and pleads: Please Arnavji. If Buaji sees me here, she will not spare me. You know her.
Arnav raises his brow: I will let you go but in one condition.
Buaji calls for Khushi again…
Khushi looks frantically at the door and asks urgently: What?
Arnav smirks: Tell NK, you will watch movie with me. I will get you the movies you want.
Khushi urgently agrees: Okay, okay. Now let me go.
Arnav opens his fist and lets her go.
Khushi runs out.
Arnav follows her to the door and sees Khushi standing at the top of the stairs blushing and smiling at him. As she turns to get down the stairs, she slips and starts to fall.
Arnav screams Khushi's name catching everyone's attention and runs towards her. He manages to grab her hand at the last moment. Then he pulls Khushi back forcefully and hugs her tight.
He can feel his heart beating loudly with Khushi's heart. The family worriedly come running upstairs to check on Khushi. Arnav pulls away from Khushi and asks frantically: Are you okay Khushi? Did you get hurt?
Khushi was still scared at the near fatal accident but tries to calm Arnav by smiling bravely: I'm okay Arnavji. You saved me again.
Arnav could feel his hands still trembling with fright. He screams at Khushi: Why don't you pay attention where you go dammit? What if something happen to you? What would I have done?
Khushi jumps in fright and looks at him wide-eyed.
Naniji tries to pacify Arnav: Arnav bitwa, these things happen. It was just an accident. It's not Khushi bitiya's fault. It was just an accident.
Arnav gets frustrated to not being able to tell them the truth that is eating him up from inside and his helplessness and inability to protect Khushi.
He storms to his room and slams the door.
He heads towards the poolside and sits down with his head in his hands trembling.

The family consoles Khushi. Naniji pats her back and caresses her lovingly: Don't take Chotey's words to heart bitiya. You know how he is. He loves you very much. That's why he got so scared.
Khushi tearfully nods: I know Naniji. I did not mind. I understand.
Naniji smiles at her and goes downstairs with the rest of the family except NK.
Khushi is still standing where she was. She looks at NK and says: Nanheji, would you mind if I watch movies with Arnavji tonight? I will watch movies with you tomorrow.
NK smiles at her: Khushiji, I understand. No problem. We will watch movies tomorrow. In fact, I have lots of DVDs of Bollywood movies. You can choose from them if you like.
Khushi smiles at him: Thanks Nanheji. I will do that.
She follows NK to his room.

Living Room, Shantivan:
Anjali (still worried): Nani, I think we should have a havan tomorrow to take the bad omen from our house. There have been too many incidents lately and I don't want any more such things happening.
Naniji nods: I agree. Okay, let's have havan (special worship) tomorrow. (She looks at Buaji and Garima) I hope you don't have any problem with that.
Buaji: No no. In fact, we were thinking of the same thing. It's a very good idea.
Garima nods in agreement.
Naniji smiles: Then it's agreed. Tomorrow we will have havan. I will make arrangements for it.

NK's Room, Shantivan:
Khushi chooses one of her favourite Salman Khan's movie "Kuch Kuch Hota Hain" to watch with Arnav.
She beams at NK: Nanheji, I will watch this one with Laa… I mean Arnavji.
NK beams: Awesome.

Arnav's Room, Shantivan:
Khushi goes to Arnav's room and knocks on the door.
When Arnav does not respond, Khushi gets worried. She slowly opens the door and sees Arnav sitting at the poolside still as a stone. She looks at the DVD and thinks for a moment. Suddenly her eyes light up as an idea strike her. She plays a song in her cell phone.

Khushi's song:



Translation:
Come my darling, let me love you…
Let me put my fair hands around you…
Why are you so sad?
Dry lips, tired eyes?
Why? Why?

Our bodies have burnt in pain,
In this night, my darling…
These tired hands of yours
Give them in mine…
Take my happiness,
I take your pain…
As you live and I live too…

When our tears flow
From our eyes in pain,
I find a little smile of your love
Blooming in my lips…
If I did not give up,
Then think for once…
For whom and why?

Arnav looks at Khushi in tear-filled eyes and cups her delicate face in his palms. He sees immense love for him shining in her bright eyes. He bends forward to kiss her on her forehead and they hug.
Wrapped tight in his arms, Khushi snuggles closer and smiles into his chest. She is happy to have her Laad Governor with her again.
Arnav closes his eyes in bittersweet pain and hugs her even tighter as if he will never let her go. A tear rolls down from behind his close lids.
Up there in the sky, the moon showers it's glow on the two lovers and stars twinkle in the sky signalling the approaching doom…

2 comments:

  1. Awwww. This was so painful to read. Arnav's pain and agony. I was wondering when this will start taking a toll on him. It is, isn't it?

    The pure love that Khushi has, it's beautiful. Some one please tell Arnav time is ticking.

    I'm reminded of how short life can be. And that's sad.

    Thank you for the update and the PM!

    JerryTheMouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. tht was sooooo awesome...
    i love the no...
    glad khushi is able to change Arnav's mood..
    rkapoor1382

    ReplyDelete