Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chapter 9


Next morning was the day of Sangeet. Khushi woke up excited and jumped out of the bed. She went to the window and spread her arms to stretch.
But suddenly her eyes fell on poolside. There was a blanket and a pillow left on the chair.
She wonders why there is a blanket and pillow on the poolside chair. She decides to ask HP about it…

As she gets down, she sees everyone was sitting at the breakfast table having breakfast. She joins them but her eyes look for her Arnavji.
Anjali looks at Naniji and smiles. Anjali slyly asks: What is it Khushiji? Are you looking for someone?
Naniji: I think, Khushi bitiya is looking for Chotey…  Isn't it bitiya?
Khushi blushes and looks down.
Anjali answers: Sorry Khushiji. Could not help myself… By the way, Chotey went to work early today. He said he will be home by noon.
Khushi is sad to miss Arnavji before he left for work, but she decides to give him a gift before he comes back from work.

Khushi decides to cook Arnav's favourite dessert - Kheer with sugar-free. She was in the kitchen getting the ingredients together, when Payal comes there and asks her to come to the guest room where Buaji was staying.
Khushi goes to the guest room and sees Buaji, Garima, Shashi are all there. When she reaches there, Payal closes the door.
Khushi gets surprised. She asks everyone why she was called there.
Buaji (worried): Khushi, we were worried because of you. You are getting married to Arnav bitua. He is a good man. But what about Shyam? What will happen when Arnav bitua hears the truth? And I did not tell you, but day before yesterday I saw Shyam outside our window peeking at you. I scolded him and sent him away. But he seems to me a dangerous man and he is also the favoured son-in-law of this family.
Khushi pales hearing about Shyam snooping in their home.
She then tries to bring a smile on her face: Buaji, Arnavji already knows everything. He told me so when he gave me his Ma's bangles. He said, he won't let anything happen to me or Anjaliji. He also said that he had sent Shyamji somewhere far away.
Everyone gets relieved.
Buaji: Titliya, you don't know how much relieved I feel right now. I feel as if a stone has been lifted from my heart. This must be true love then. I was worried how he would react when he learns the truth and also that he might be suddenly marrying you because he believed that you were wrong and he wanted to punish you for ruining his sister's life.
Khushi gets a jolt in her heart. 
She still tries to keep her smile in place: It's not like that Buaji. He really loves me.
Then she leaves the room.
As she walks downstairs to the kitchen, she keeps remembering Arnav on the night of Cocktail party and Arnav after that.
She worries: Is Buaji right? Does Arnavji think I'm wrong? Is that why he wanted to marry me so suddenly?
But then she remembers their romantic moment when Arnav giving her his Ma's bangles, them chosing her ring, their moments in the gazebo and dismisses the idea.

Kitchen:
Khushi was cooking Kheer for Arnav when Manorama mami arrives there.
Manorama: Hello hi bye bye, what is that smell?
Khushi smiles: Mamiji, its Kheer. Do you want some?
Mamiji makes faces: I'm on diet, phatti saree.
Khushi says: No problem Mamiji. I made this Kheer for Arnavji without sugar. So your diet won't get affected with it. It does not have any calories.
Mamiji: And it does not have any taste either…
Khushi: No Mamiji. It is tasty. At least try it once.
Mamiji: Okay, fine. Since you are insisting so much, I will try. But if it tastes bad, I will throw it out.
Khushi (confident in her creation): Agreed.
She serves Mamiji Kheer.
Mamiji tastes it and her eyes widens: Wow, this tastes just like full calorie Kheer.
Then she notices Khushi's happy face, so she looks stern again: It's alright. Now that you are going to be my daughter-in-law, it's your duty to please your mother-in-law. So you will make Kheer for me every day. Understood?
Khushi nods happily.
Mamiji leaves with her bowl of Kheer.
Anjali arrives there and sees Khushi making Kheer for Arnav.
Anjali: Arre wah, Khushiji you made Kheer? It's Chotey's favourite dessert. Can you take some out for Chotey before you put sugar?
Khushi smiles: Anjaliji, I have not put sugar on it. Arnavji can eat it.
Anjali teases her: Then what are you waiting for? Chotey has come home. Why don't you take some for him and give him surprise?
Khushi blushes and takes some Kheer in a bowl and leaves the kitchen.

Arnav had a very rough day today. The security team still have not managed to find the person who cut the rope. They went through all security tapes but no clue has come into light yet.
He came home worried that he might lose Khushi before his time is over.
Suddenly he hears Khushi's voice. He looks up and sees Khushi standing in a hot pink anarkali looking like a rose. She was holding a bowl on a tray.
Arnav's entire stress vanishes. He thinks: I should not worry now because then Khushi will worry too. I should be grateful for the moments I have with my love.
Arnav smiles and teases her: How did you know I was home Khushi?
Khushi smiles: Anjaliji told me. Arnavji, you gave me such a lovely engagement ring yesterday. But I did not have that much money to buy you anything. So I made you your favourite dessert – Kheer. I hope you will like it.
Arnav's heart melts at the sweet gesture. He says: Of course I will like it Khushi. I love the Kheer you make.
Khushi gets confused: But Arnavji, I never made you Kheer before. How did you know that you will like it?
Arnav remembers that the first time Khushi made Kheer for him was after their wedding. 
He mentally slaps his head and rectifies his mistake in a hurry: I mean, you made the Kheer with so much love. Of course, I will love it.
Khushi smiles again. She comes forward and holds the tray to him.
Arnav holds her arm and makes her seat on the couch in the living room and he sits on the table facing Khushi.
Khushi was wondering what's going on.
Arnav: Khushi, will you feed me? That will be the best gift anyone has ever given me.
Khushi blushes and picks up a spoonful of Kheer and holds it to Arnav's mouth.
Arnav eats the Kheer, but his eyes never leaves Khushi's face.
He says: This was the best gift of my life.
Khushi's eyes get moist.

Suddenly Anjali arrives there and clears her throat…
Arnav and Khushi jumps and looks towards Anjali.
Anjali smiles her naughty smile and says: If you guys are done romancing, then I'd like to take Khushiji and get her ready for Sangeet.
Arnav looks at Khushi in surprise: Are you performing today, Khushi? It's your Sangeet too.
Khushi smiles: I will just give one performance Arnavji. The rest will be performed by the rest of the family members. It will be my gift to Jiji and Jijaji.
Arnav smiles: Then I will look forward to it…
Khushi leaves with Anjali.
Arnav decides to give his team another call for a tighter security and goes to his office for that.

Someone rings the front door bell. HP goes to the door and opens it. He sees the sweets have arrived for tonight. He directs them to the kitchen and asks them to keep the boxes on the counter.
The delivery people put the sweets on the kitchen counter and leave.
HP closes the front door and then goes back to the living room to get the cleaning done.
One of the boxes on the kitchen counter starts moving slowly…

1 comment:

  1. it is wonderful how you take situation from the show and woven your own magic in it

    ReplyDelete